Prior to VC Meeting:
- Begin meeting with investors about 6 to 8 months before you actually open up your fundraising round
- Send over your investor deck or a 1-pager if you plan to get a meeting.
- Don’t make a fuss about being in stealth mode or suggest that the investor sign a non-disclosure form.
- Don’t become fixated on one number for your total addressable market (TAM)
- Bring key members of your team (check how many and if permitted)
- Don’t underestimate the importance of talking about the team
- Bring anecdotes and testimonials from any early customers
- Prepare the right questions
1. Make a list of the questions that came up
2. Offer to make introductions to other founders
3. Know what you’ll be expected to provide post meeting. Do not delay in sending over any materials that have been requested
TiEcon’s VC Connect program for startups is an opportunity to get direct feedback and sage advice from veteran Silicon Valley venture capitalists.
If interested, click here to submit an application by April 30th, 2021. All sessions are on Thurs, May 6, 2021 from 9:00 am – 11:00 am and 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Only one founder per startup is allowed per roundtable.
All VC Connect applicants can sign up for a free conference pass using promo code DELL. You will then need to apply for the VC Connect session.
Please refer to our website for the full list of VC participants.
#TiEcon #Entrepreneurship #VC